Speaking to ourselves with our perceived positive belief about us, with confidence is a great way to start a day. This practice is known to make a significant difference to the happiness we experience.
Through positive affirmations, we command our mind and ensure the quality of the data we register. This careful elimination of undesirable or negative thoughts enables us to consciously focus on enriching or enhancing positive information. The beauty of this knowledge is that it seeks to powerfully improve the quality of our life – thoughts and actions.
Simple positive affirmations are known to affect our perception of reality, including what we would like to happen in the future too.
During the course of our life, we are stimulated by various factors in our environment. Some, like friendship, promote a feeling of well being while others like a challenging boss create a stress.
Interestingly, we visualize the world we see pretty much on the basis of what we tell ourselves. Through out dreams, approach and desires, we project a lot of our inner beliefs and allow them to colour our view of the world. This makes it even more critical that we aim to manifest positive thoughts onto ourselves as much as possible. The determination of our happiness is to a great degree affected by what we understand and accept about ourselves.
Situations may not always be conducive for us to be surrounded with optimism but the important fact is that we have the choice to look at a situation with positivism.
Repeating affirmations that uplift our senses and body enable you to elevate your senses to that of a state of harmony. For example- Focus on your strengths. Supposing you have the ability to learn from the mistakes you commit, repeat to yourself – “I learn from my blunders”.
Affirmations can be effective even if you utter them a mere twice a day. Imagine you are rising in the morning and you utter the words, “ I’m having another wonderful day, to do good and be happy”! A few days of uttering this statement will gradually instill you an inner desire to believe what you say. You may even find yourself rising from your sleep with a smile. Similarly, at bedtime, before you sleep. An affirmation like, “Thanks for a wonderful day and here’s wishing the best for all” is a soothing way to sleep. The tension or anxiety that you experience due to negative thoughts will be replaced by positive thoughts. Thoughts that will help you sleep better and enable you to have better dreams.
The affirmations you give to yourself is a powerful motivating tool to surge you to think and behave in a manner that guides you to making the affirmation a reality.
Here are few factors that enable you to believe in your affirmations and help you enjoy your life better –
1) The key to believing in the affirmations you utter, will be primarily based your awareness and respect for the world we live in. As a member of society, each of us have a sense of responsibility not just to oneself and our loved ones but also to the world we live in. The intrinsic goodness and respect we wish to enjoy is a reflection of the reverence and faith we have towards others.
2) Identifying the areas in your life that cause you to worry or have negative thoughts. If you are unable to get a clarity of those issues or find the solution for them, see a therapist. A therapist will certainly not provide you solutions but will make the task of finding a solution easier for you. By tapping into your unconscious state, the therapist would guide you to realizing the solutions. Solutions that initially seem to be oblivious to you would be gradually known to you.
3) Meditation is an effective tool in soothing your mind and inducing a state of serenity and calm. This is the state of mind that is highly receptive to uttering the meaning of affirmations
4) Stay clear of negative thoughts or people as far as possible (you will naturally not be able to avoid them all the time!) These people can make life be unproductive or unwholesome with their malicious criticism or remarks. Critical feedback or suggestions are important for our improve or development. The key, however, to improve is to realize and work on the positive criticism while ignoring the derogatory ones.
5) Write down your affirmations in your diary every day. This will gradually create an inner sense of harmony whenever you write or glance on the same page.
As far as possible, let your thoughts, actions and words be in unity and then it will easier for you to coin the affirmations. Affirmations that will not only benefit you but the personal benefits you enjoy will affect others around you too.